[Clipart] http://www.openclipart.org/packages

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Sun Mar 28 17:46:17 PDT 2010

G'day,

2010/3/29 Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>:
> Yes, we need to add support for this into aiki to edit the files.
> Regardless, we should save the original version of the files before we
> edit them and clean out the metadata there, and put back in our
> metadata we get from the site.
>
> Francis, can you file this at launchpad please. This is one thing that
> would be much better to automate. We would really need both a system
> for queuing up metadata changes and doing in the background or when a
> file's metadata is touched so that i travels with the file.

I filed a big here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/549575

Should it be in the aikiframework instead?

> Another approach would be to create an RDF sidecar downloadable on the
> page as well which could be downloaded along with the file. Of course,
> that approach is a bit bad because you would need two files rather
> than just the original.
>
> Regardless, can you file this task please.
>
> Until then, i'd say, please edit tags on the live site and we'll
> figure out how to get the metadata in now.

Please let me know if you figure out how to get the metadata out.  I
would like to use it right away.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies