[Clipart] Website

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 22:44:05 PDT 2010

I've just created a new profile on the website, and I found it a
horribly frustrating experience. Every clipart has
"Click on the number to change clipart visibility

Click on the number to mark the clipart as NSFW

Contest"

below it. Why? Hell if I know; there's no indication of what number it
could be talking about, and the lines are just plain text. I went
poking around to see if there's any policy on NFSW materials--those
lines certainly indicate there is. I didn't find much--the FAQ isn't
much help, though the line about "An effort is underway to address
this issue during the spring of 2005." provokes a giggle, and then
forces me to make sure the project is still alive. Perhaps there's a
toggle in the profile settings to turn on visibility of NSFW
materials...except there doesn't seem to be any profile settings. Not
a lack of toggle, mind you--no settings at all.

All in all, the website was less than completely helpful.

To add to the whole situation, I tried emailing this without subscribing.
It bounced, and offers me http://openclipart.org/media/contact to
directly contact someone. http://openclipart.org/media/contact is a blank
page.

--