[Clipart] Request Librarian and Developer Accounts/Permissions

Steven Garcia webwhammy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:23:09 PDT 2010

Greetings to all,

I wish to help OCAL as an artist, librarian and developer.

I'm a programmer, developer and Linux expert. I've performed quite a
few system and webmaster administrative tasks mostly on
Fedora/Redhat/LAMP platforms. I have programming experience including
but not limited to the following languages: PHP, Python, Perl, C, C++,
JavaScript, SVG, XML, XSLT, CSS, XHTML, HTML, ShellScript/BASH,
Advanced Regular Expressions, Java. I have also created and maintained
Subversion (SVN) repositories.

I have registered as the following:
 * OCAL artist/user: cgbug
 * IRC Freenode user: cgbug
 * OCAL Mailing list
 * OCAL Wiki user: cgbug
 * OCAL LaunchPad user: cgbug

At this point, I have read the majority of the OCAL Mailing list
archives for 2009-2010. I have submitted 15 original cliparts that I
drew. I have been occasionally idling on irc://freenode/openclipart
and irc://freenode/aiki. I have made some minor edits to the OCAL
Wiki. I have submitted a bug to the OCAL LaunchPad. I'm guessing that
the Bugzilla List is no longer used for issue tracking other than
archival purposes. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that
LaunchPad is preferred for bug tracking.

If I may, one issue that I would like to work on immediately is
helping with the OCAL Artist/User Profile Editing and Wiki Developer
Documentation. I will need the proper permissions and some hints as
how to start the OCAL website development.. I do understand the Aiki
is the framework for the OCAL website. And I apologize if this seems
like a silly question, but is the current running version 2.5 of the
OCAL website under version control? I couldn't seem to locate the
source files.

Please grant me librarian and developer status to all accounts that
apply so that I may help.

Thank you in Advance,

Steven