[Clipart] Request to become a librarian

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 00:30:59 PST 2011

http://www.openclipart.org/librarians

You'll probably find it sooner or later, but if you click on the new icon
that has appeared at the top of your login panel, you'll be taken to a
librarian page. This is where the hub of our librarian activity is. You'll
see manuals, and how to's, librarian tools and other pages. Depending on
your permissions levels, you'll see different boxes too. Since you are now
activated as a librarian, you should see two new boxes that weren't there
before. Feel free to explore.

You've stated that you want to tag clipart as you browse, and that is
perfectly fine. For doing so, I thank you. It's a much needed task.

If you get bored of only tagging clipart, consider some of the other things
you can do as a librarian. Have a play. Feel free to suggest things that
would help you in being a librarian.

Some of the other jobs that librarians do:

   - Tag clipart that don't have tags
   - Add descriptions to clipart that dont have them.
   - Hide copyrighted clipart, and comment on them for the reason why.

There's more, but the main job is tagging clipart so that the tags
accurately represent what there is in the clipart.

Welcome  aboard.
P.s. if you sign up to the mailing list, it makes it easier for all of us
librarians to communicate about what's going on, and to ask for help if we
need it.
I'd encourage you to get into that asap.

--
Cheers
Chovynz