[Clipart] Good way of changing lots of clipart details all at once?

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:11:54 PST 2011

Thanks for your feedback Bill. That's the sort of thing we are after.

Yes that's the direction I am currently heading, any clipart tagged as "b_w"
will be automatically changed to "black and white". Since the site is based
in America, I'm also thinking of changing any tags like "colour" to "color"
to follow the American english standard. But the search should be able to
handle any request, so a search for colour should return color tagged
clipart  But bear in mind that I'm pretty much the only one who seems to be
speaking about the direction we are going for tags and many other issues. If
you have a different idea lets hear it. *The more people that speak up the
better.* The more different ideas we get, the better we can make OCAL into
something that is truely global.

(Just for the record, when we have languages/translations implemented, I'm
imagining that tags will be in their native tongue, and that the tag list
will dynamically change for each clipart depending on what language you have
chosen in your user preferences. Then search can then be restructured so
that any search you do will be found, in any language ..e.g. if you searched
for "carrot"in english and it returns all clipart tagged as carrot in other
languages as well. But at my current level of time availability and
programming skill, achieving that goal may take a few years...)

I was "just an end-user" once too, until I realised that if I wanted
something done, I was going to have to do something about it.
So I learned programming on the job. Ive had no formal teaching and I truely
do hate programming. But I think getting some of these ideas implemented, is
necessary to push OCAL to the next level of clipart supply.

So let's hear your ideas about tagging - forced or otherwise.

--
Cheers
Chovynz