[Clipart] Reg clipart detail page design

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:49:51 PDT 2011

Dear Ryan (and specters)

One of the tasks of librarians is to find clipart that have no descriptions
and add them.

Here is an idea for you guys to think about. What if we reduce the used
space even further, by making the entire right column a showable/hideable
clicky thing? The focus of this website is on the clipart right? so why not
make the clipart the main feature? Afterall people click on the detail page
to see the clipart in more detail. Do we need to show them information? Why
not allow them to see the info if they want to or are interested. Why are we
showing stuff that people aren't necessarily interested in?

Ye Ol' cliche. "Less is more." :)

Something to think about.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:18 AM, ryan sukale <ryantechnical at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jarod,
>
> That design is really good.
>
> But there is something that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable about with
> the 2 column layout.
>
> The thing is that hardly anyone writes a description. So having 2 columns
> will lead to more blank space as we hardly have much content do display.
>
> I had a few ideas.
>
> 1) Keeping the Download button somewhere on the upper part of the page
> rather than the lower part, So that mouse movement can be minimized when
> someone is trying to download.
> 2) Adding some new content, such as - small pictures of popular images by
> the same artist in a side panel.. or maybe something similar. That should
> give us some more content to play around with and reduce the emptiness on
> the page. How feasible is this?
>
> I had a question as well.
> Are there plans to include more formats in the future? The design that i
> had made before was because i thought that in case there were plans to add
> more formats, then it can come in some sort of drop down div, pushing down
> the other contents to show the other format downloading options. If thats
> not the case then i'll stick to only the SVG and PNG options and show them
> both at the same time unlike my previous attempt.
>
> Oh, and the comments will go under the comments field. I did't add it in
> the sample page because i had'nt made any changes to it.  :) Sorry if that
> misled anyone.
> I am sure that i am not going to try to remove any information from the
> existing design. I am just trying to think of ways ways to add more of it.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

Cheers