[Clipart] Reg clipart detail page design

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 04:49:57 PDT 2011

I think the one that you have just done is pretty good. I like the rounded
corners, and simplicity of the interface. Could I ask that you do some
Javascripty hide and show thing for the about informational section? I've
been trying to imagine the page without all the visual clutter (from ages
ago, not your design.) My theory is that people have come to this page to
see the clipart in more detail, not more information about the clipart or
who drew it. If they are further interested, they can click the "Show
Details" thingjammybob. My Ideal would be a large thumbnail of the clipart
and the Download button only. The rest would be hidden inside the show/hide
button. If I can describe it in words and build on what I see here, I would
say, move the buttons underneath the information, have the download button
at the top, the rest at the bottom (hidden), The clipart fills up the entrie
left side where the buttons used to be. So, there is

   - One large clipart preview
   - Only one visible button for downloading Svg
   - Show more information /  Hide more information that is hidden by
   default. The rest of the buttons and info are contained in that section.

 Also remember the png autosizer script that Jakub did?  That would be great
to include near the download png button.

Was there a reason that you removed the upload/download/favourite/collect
images? I quite liked them. Without them the buttons almost seem bland. Is
there something you can do for it?

I do like what you have done with the information. I like the aligned both
sides and structured feeling that it gives. Is there now, too many pixel
lines on the page? And too much line spacing in between the information?

--
Cheers
Chovynz