[Clipart] We need a quick way to deal with troublesome users.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:51:41 PDT 2011

I have changed user http://www.openclipart.org/user-detail/messcleaning to
usergroup 101 manually.
Effectively banning them. I did this because they were uploading png's as
svg's AND advertising, instead of being useful contributors.
I've also deleted their clipart, except for one, which I don't know how to
at this stage.
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/133783

What effect does "banning" have on their account? do we know if it does
anything useful? Have we tested it?

Brad, how did you do the Hide clipart button? can we use those principles in
dealing with users as well?
I am thinking an action bar of some sort that only appears for logged in
system gods, and appears on the results in the search user tool,
so that we can easily ban a user as necessary, instead of having to go
through the admin interface method.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers