[Clipart] suggestion of cliparts: ecology

Raphaël raphael.droz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:08:44 PDT 2012

Hello,

simply stated: this email is a request for free cliparts related to the
ecology [1].

More verbosely:
I'm not an artist (nor I know digital artists) and I know that the
variety of free cliparts only depends upon the number of contributors.
I also guess how wrong it may be to ask here for somewhat specific
cliparts: I didn't found such a thread in the archives and the only
page which may somehow legitimate it is this blueprint [2].

I work on the website of an association which fight in the field of
ecology and I know of several other people who do a similar work
(environmental threats, industrial pollution, animal welfare, ...) being
more or less beaten by a similar issue.
[ ... skipping the long paragraph about ecology ... ]

Some facts:
* it is currently quite hard for NGO to find free cliparts (but even
  simple icons !) related to these subjects (seems like there are far
  less graphic designers than programmers)

* reusable or not, most cliparts or icons seem to come from firms
  themselves thus greenwashing icons (green factories, airports with
  flowers, ...) for which shutterstock provides some good samples.

* biggest (national, international) NGO often make use of professional
  work which is rarely reusable and never modifiable

So, to stay short, as I'm unsure about the adequacy of this post, there
are roughly between 1 and 3 dozens of very common terms that come to
mind (in the specific field of ecology) in need of free illustrations.
[ and that's ridiculously small in comparison of the number of free
desktop icons sets available out there ]

Especially for those, here, who lack ideas about what to draw, please be
sure that free icons on this subject would benefit a lot for a number of
associations.

Sincerely yours

[1] http://openclipart.org/search/?query=ecology
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openclipart/+spec/request-page