[Clipart] "Edite Image" Button

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Wed Feb 22 20:04:59 PST 2012

Yes, that's true. Those guys are helping us out a lot, and providing a
real service through their project. We don't have the time and
resources to host and manage a custom solution ourselves. They are
helping us with the upload API as well. If there are others who want
to provide a regular service that provides value like this, please do
speak up!

Once Jakub gets that upload API completed, then we will be able to get
import into Open Clip Art Library much easier, in Inkscape and other
web applications.

Cheers!

Jon

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Jeff Schiller <codedread at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, ImageBot is based on svg-edit :)
>

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Jakub Jankiewicz <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
>>
>> I think that svg-edit is much better tool and it's open source too, but
>> unfortunately I don't have anything to say about it. It's Jon decision.
>>
>> svg-edit may be also better because we will be able to use it on our own
>> sever and add features as the site will evolve.
>>
>> Of course any one can use our API to create a tool that will integrate
>> both of these. With better [ search -> edit -> save ] functionality and
>> no ads.
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:05:40 +0100
>> Tobias Jakobs <tobias.jakobs at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I've just seen the "Edit Image" button. I like that idea very much to
>> > directly edit the images online. But wouldn't it be better to use
>> > svg-edit [1] instead of imagebot? I think svg-edit fits much better to
>> > openclipart.org, because its free software (Apache License)  and not
>> > closed/property like imegebot.
>> >

>> > [1] http://code.google.com/p/svg-edit/
>>
>> --
>> Jakub Jankiewicz
>> twitter: @jcubic
>> www: http://jcubic.pl

Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)