[Clipart] new activity: night of the living maps

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Wed Jan 25 07:35:52 PST 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:13:38 +0100
"S.Kemter" <buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2012, 09:12:30 schrieb Jon Phillips:
> > Jakub added a new activity for the Open Street Map friends project,
> > "Night of the Living Maps."
> >
> > Please consider contributing :)
> >
> > http://openclipart.org/openstreetmap
> >
> > Great work Jakub!
>

> I dont like it, why simple. On one way we dont like logos on OCAL on
> the other we let upload them to OCAL. This makes no sense.

We don't like logos because in most cases they are copyrighted. There
is no reason for OCAL for have Public Domain logos. Like FCRC logo
http://openclipart.org/search/?query=FCRC it was a contest.

> But I like the idea for the contests on OCAL so we should find
> another way to make this.
>
> There is another technical point who speaks against using OCAL for
> it. You be forced to use only simple thing ins SVG and keep the SVG
> small. I made a piece for it. A mummy from maps but I clipped the

There is no restriction on size you can create clipart as big as you
like if they like it they can use small size of you bigger clipart to
fit they needs.

> maps so the SVG is a little bit bigger and I cant upload it. I tried

If you can't upload it, it's probably by this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/919133

Do you have message that you clipart is successfully uploaded with
digits as the filename but you clipart is not show up?

> and the behaivor of OCAL with this is not the best. Because u dont
> see its not uploaded u dont get a failure message or information
> whats wrong....

Sorry for that we try to fix this bug, it's really weird and don't
happen all the time.

> Here is teh pic of my contribution of the contest
>
> http://www.inkscape-
> forum.de/uploads/FileUpload/69/029a08cbf84897a0486c13f972a1dd.png

Looks great. I will post message to mailing list when we fix this bug,
so you will be able to upload it to OCAL.

> br gnokii
> >
> > Jon

Jakub Jankiewicz
twitter: @jcubic