[Clipart] Some motivation for making openclipart package releases.

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Fri Mar 16 00:04:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:35:32 +1300
Richard Brett <rbrett at fieldpine.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi
>
>    I sit with a similar problem to shirish.  I rarely use OCAL to
> find clipart, as we use the clip art on inhouse hosted servers that
> have no real access to the internet.  We therefore take the package
> and reformat it to be useful.  This works but isnt optimum, as very
> manual and we lose keywords.  I would love to use the API to solve my
> problem, but the API seems to be query based, not "give me all
> cliparts" or "what is the status of clipart #5757575" - I keep
> looking at the online API docs, but I cannot see how to do it.  I
> havent pushed it or asked much (couple of times in IRC), as I also
> have other priorities.  (what I need most is the ability to query
> metadata, pulling images is easy)

Create a blueprint "Improving API"
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/aikiframework/+addspec
and put all your ideas and what you need/want.

> While shirish is really wanting packages, I'm really preferring a
> highly functional API - but both of us are talking about using OCAL
> as a master repository with personal copies.
>
> Just FYI, not a compliant !
> .Richard
> PS I would also love the request system to work, I'd be happy to
> place requests for cliparts with donation on completion.

Donation for request is very good idea, the money should go to the
artist, if he added his paypay account (when we have it of course), it
can be something like a bounty on stackoverflow but with real money.

--
Jakub Jankiewicz
twitter: @jcubic