No subject

Mon Oct 1 21:19:52 PDT 2012

recipient=nicu at apspro.com
original_recipient=nicubunu
offset=113
status=4.0.0
action=delayed
reason=delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=apspro.com type=MX: Host not found, try again

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Open Clip Art Library list <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] how about wallpaper..
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:51:02PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > This Wallpaper competitoin sounds more like a good way for people to use
> > elements from the library and show off what they can do using OpenClipart
> > and Inkscape.
> >
> > I think if you put a challenge to the Inkscapers on Deviant Art I am sure
> > they would come up with amazing work.  I was pleasantly surprised by all
> > the great work done for the Inkscape splash screens competition.
>
> I highly agree.  It served Inkscape well to do a contest for its About
> Screen; a SVG wallpaper contest sounds like a brilliant idea to me.  :-)

Maybe someone could post this on Inkscape.deviant.org (or something like
it, when we have the details hammered out)

*** OpenClipart.org SVG Wallpaper Competition Summer 2005 ***

Impressed by the results of the Inkscape splash screen competition we have
another challenge for all those talented artists out there.
OpenClipart.org would love to see more SVG wallpapers.

In particular we want to see you take our clipart and make something more
out of it.  Take the clipart and restyle it, incorporate the clipart into
larger compositions and show us what you can do.  This is one part of the
competition.

We would of course love you to put some of your work in the Public Domain
and submit it to OpenClipart.org but it is not a requirement of this part
of the competition and we will be happy to see artists taking the elements
provided by OpenClipart and creating something more.  Please be sure to
mention what elements you have used.  Please try to include a copy of your
work in SVG format.

We are also interested in scenery, backdrops which could be used both as
wallpaper or as a background on which other bits of clipart could be
stuck.  You know, for the kids! ;)
This is the second part of the competition.

Entries for this second category should be submitted to OpenClipart.org
and if you want to reuse your own scenery and create an example of it
being used for part one of the competition.

Winners to be decided using some fair and hopefully non-contraversial
system.  To be decided.

The Prize is the respect and admiration of your peers and the amazement of
those of us who have none of your artistic talent.  The plan would be to
give you a big shout out on our website and in our next release notes.

Notes to keep in mind:

Dimensions should be 4:3 (width:height)
The recommended page sizes are 800:600 and 1600:1200.

Feel free to use other sizes if you like because with the orignal SVG
provided advanced users could potentially adjust the design to fit
everything from tiny portable devices to huge dual screen setups.

Desktop wallpapers are to be used for a certain task.
Eye candy is great especially if you are showing off OpenClipart but
simpler designs might be more popular for daily use.

*** OpenClipart.org SVG Wallpaper Competition Summer 2005 ***

I hope my modest propose gives us the best of both worlds.  Wonderful
examples which may be suitable for our screenshots section and more
contributions to the collection.

How about it?  Does that sound about right?  I'm hoping those who
organised the Splash screen competition will add their opinions and
advice.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org