[Clipart] Sorting images in the open clipart library

Ian Lynch ianrlynch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:29:49 PDT 2012

On 9 September 2012 23:23, Oleg Koptev <koptev.oleg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Woah! Kudoz, Ian!
>
> Is it last 'slice' of OCAL clipart database?

I just downloaded the most recent file of all the contributions and sorted
them into folders I thought were logical groups. A bit arbitrary but its a
start that should make further sorting a lot quicker. I'm a member of the
Apache OpenOffice project so we are considering ways that we could use the
file in conjunction with OpenOffice, also as a support for an EU project
that supports students making web sites for businesses. Having an open
clipart library is a useful resource for that too.

> Cheers, Oleg
> --
> <http://vpopolam.ru/>
> Freely listen and download our EP on http://vpopolam.ru/en/music
> Слушай и бесплатно скачивай наш EP на http://vpopolam.ru/music
>

> 2012/9/10 Ian Lynch <ianrlynch at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new here but I recently sorted most of the clipart on open
>> clipart.org into categories the result is a 360 meg zip file with
>> several folders containing images grouped by types eg transport,
>> people, food etc. I'm not sure if this is of any use to anyone but I
>> put the file in my public dropbox folder
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1115462/casource.zip.
>>
>> Sorting is to an extent arbitrary but hopefully it might be useful to
>> some people.
>>
>> --
>> Ian
>>
>> Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications (The Schools ITQ)
>>
>> www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940
>>
>> The Learning Machine Limited, Reg Office, 36 Ashby Road, Tamworth,
>> Staffordshire, B79 8AQ. Reg No: 05560797, Registered in England and
>> Wales.

Ian