[Clipart] Collections

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Fri Feb 1 05:01:49 PST 2013

As I see it collections are unnecessary complicating usage, maintenance
& structure of OCAL.
Replacing them with tags like "#set-of-funny-rabbits" would make
collections obsolete.
It would even make it much more flexible to enhance the sets.
The only notable difference would be that users "loose" control of being
the only ones to edit collections. But looking at the sheer number of
abandoned tiny collection this does not bother in my eyes. I believe
that bigger and better collections will emerge if people can collaborate
on them.

Am I missing something that would get lost that way?
If not I suggest to convert collections into tags and drop the feature
for the next release.

What do you think?

Robert