[Clipart] Abusive comments

Iwan Gabovitch qubodup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:02:26 PST 2013

Hi,

cassieb http://openclipart.org/user-detail/cassieb

Wrote "hi bitch" as a comment on http://openclipart.org/detail/174716 (not
removed as record).
screen: http://i.imgur.com/EWqClXh.png

We need some way to protect users from abusive comments.

I guess the way to do it right now is
1. Scan http://openclipart.org/listcomments regularly
2. If there's an abusive comment, delete it and write a comment saying that
"the abusive comment has been deleted, sorry for the inconveniences. - OCAL
Moderation Team" as to not damage the OCAL relationship with the artists.

It might be a bitter user whose art I have removed (hidden) that created a
new account to take revenge. Hopefully that's the case and that normal
users are not at risk of verbal abuse.

Cheers,
Iwan

PS: this is mostly just a notification for future reference, if constant
verbal abuse becomes an actual problem.