[Clipart] spring cleaning cont.

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at fabricatorz.com
Thu Mar 14 06:30:54 PDT 2013

ok thanks for the feedback from several people.

Today I went ahead and deleted the 6308 old .svg files (backed up
in a tarball just in case) we talked about. Since .svg files are
the lifeblood of ocal the cleanup action will continue to be
documented at
https://openclipart.org/ocal-spring-cleaning-2013-03.html

I have two more sets of probably less controversial files:
1,159 old .jpg files, which I believe are not in use anywhere
anymore, and not directly linked from anywhere either.
https://openclipart.org/proposed-jpg-deletelist-20130313.html

25,629 .png files that were generated out of .svgs that are no
longer on the server.
https://openclipart.org/proposed-png-deletelist-20130313.html

If you know anything about those 2 categories of files that would
make you believe they should not be deleted, please respond.
Otherwise I will go ahead and delete them in a day or two.
That is the final step of my spring cleanup, at least in the
filesystem.
After this I will try my luck generating a proper sitemap.xml.