[Clipart] question about releases

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at fabricatorz.com
Thu Mar 21 06:29:21 PDT 2013

> is this release likely to happen soon?  I would really like to try
> automatically adding categories, ...

OK I want to expedite things. As part of some sitemap work and
scripting today, I created an adhoc release (tarball) you can
use for your categorization work.

http://openclipart.org/adhoc_release_all_svgs_2013-03-21.tar.bz2

Please note that this is not an official release, it's just a
simple tarball, no gallery, no thumbnails, no categories, no
README or LICENSE info, no md5sum, no announcement, no ...
It will go away when we have something better or when too many
people downloading this 1.3 GB file cause a problem for the
server. The goal is to expedite things among librarians...

There's also a second (probably temporary) way to download all svgs,
by running
wget -r -e robots=off http://openclipart.org/wget_svglist_full.html

Hope this helps, keep the list posted about your categorization
work...