[Clipart] question about releases

Brian Bucknam brian at smilesoftware.com
Sun Mar 24 10:09:15 PDT 2013

Hi OCAL folks,

Smile Software's DiscLabel product made use of the "in-the-SVG-file" metadata tags.  We wrote a Spotlight search extension for SVG files, where "Spotlight" is Mac OS X's built-in file searching tool.

This made it possible to download the "current at the time" OCAL release tar balls, then search from within DiscLabel, or just from Mac OS X's Spotlight menu bar search, and find SVG's based on the tag metadata.

So, in other words, it can be very useful to have the tags inside the SVG files when the files are on your hard drive, assuming you have some search mechanism that can extract the info.

Just FYI,
Brian
Smile Software
http://smilesoftware.com/