[Cogl] Creating sliced textures from data and framebuffer

Tobias Hansen Tobias.Hansen at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jan 20 03:50:21 PST 2012

Hi,

I ported a 2D adventure game engine to OpenGL|ES 2 and to my delight I
found out today
that there is Cogl to circumvent device specific texture size
restrictions. I know
that this is still in the making, so I only would like to know if the
following things
are planned.

* cogl_texture_2d_sliced_new_from_data: I found
cogl_texture_2d_sliced_new_from_bitmap
in the private header. I could use that, but that would require me to
copy data that
is already in memory to a bitmap.

* Creating sliced textures from framebuffer to replace
glCopyTexImage2D and glCopyTexSubImage2D. Or is this already possible
somehow?

Best regards,
Tobias