[Cogl] pkg-config files always depend on x11 and friends

Julian Graham joolean at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 06:45:01 PST 2014

Hi Cogl folk,

I notice that the Autotools build for Cogl allows X11 to be required
(or not) via the `AC_PATH_X' Autoconf macro. However, when
`--without-x' is passed, the pkg-config files for cogl, cogl-gst, and
cogl-path still list dependencies on x11, xfixes, xdamage, xcomposite,
and xrandr.

Is this a bug?

FWIW, this came up when I tried to install Cogl on Mac OS X Yosemite
(which ships without X11) using Homebrew, in which the recipe for Cogl
advertises its ability to build without X11. The installation that
results when you do `brew install cogl --without-x11' is unusable
(until you install XQuartz, I guess) because its pkg-config
dependencies are not met.

Regards,
Julian