[colord] [EDID] Samsung SyncMaster PX2370

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:30:45 PDT 2013

On 8 May 2013 18:16, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn at pcode.nl> wrote:
> Having "stable" branches would make it a bit easier...

I agree. Now all the major features I wanted have settled in, I'm
intending to call the next colord release 1.0.0, and then immediately
create a colord-1-0 branch for stable "distro-ready* 1.0.x updates.
master then becomes 1.1.x which we'll branch again for colord-1-1
roughly every 6-9 months and try to do minor unstable releases every
month and stable releases every two months. The alternative is that we
have stable updates as even numbers and unstable as odd numbers. I'm
open for ideas here.

I don't foresee bumping the soname anytime soon, the
cd-deprecated.[c|h] file take care of anything deprecated and is waaay
less work than rebuilding everything just to drop a few compat
defines.

If anyone has any opinions on these plans, please shout now :)

Thanks,

Richard.