[compiz] Rotate/edge-flip and jumping mouse pointer

Jose daLuz jdaluz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:46:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using running Xgl/compiz on Gentoo/AMD64/2006.0, with
xgl-0.0.1_p20060418 and compiz-quinnstorm-0.0.9.3 on Gnome 2.14.

I love the edge-flip feature of rotate, but I sometimes have a problem
where, after edge-flipping the mouse pointer seems to jump to the opposite
window edge which starts rotating the cube to the next desktop, so I start
moving the pointer back, whereupon it jumps back to where it was and starts
rotating back to the first desktop, the one I started to rotate from. This
may happen 2 or 3 times with the cube rotating back and forth until it
finally "calms down" and I have full control of the rotation again.

This doesn't seem to be a mouse accelleration problem, i.e. I can be moving
the pointer very slowly and it will still happen. It's almost as if the wm
loses track of which edge the pointer is near and places it the same
distance from the opposite edge.

This happens intermittently, but it's incredibly annoying when it does
occur. Has anyone else seen this? Is there any other information I can give
to help track this down?

--
Joe daLuz