[compiz] workspaces/desktops/viewports on top/bottom of cube?

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon Dec 11 17:33:30 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 16:13 -0500, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> I know this has probably been asked before, but, I'll ask anyways:
>
> Workspaces/Desktops/whatever on the top and bottom of the cube, is there
> any chance this will ever happen? I love how in gnome you can have work
> spaces in rows/columns, and i tend to have 4-6 workspaces (well 6, but
> only 4 gets used all of the time, but its nice to have the "buffer"
> workspaces. since using compiz and/or berly, I've been back down to
> 4(cube) but would love to make better use of the top and bottom of the
> cube instead of jsut tossing images up/down there.

Top and bottom faces doesn't have the same size as the other faces and
the rotation of windows on top and bottom faces would be different
relative to other faces. Due to this it can't be implemented properly as
long as the cube plugin uses viewports. It could be done if the cube was
implemented using multiple workspaces instead but then you wouldn't have
a real relationship between cube sides, of course.

You probably want to use the plane plugin or increase the number of
sides for the cube plugin.