[compiz] Water plugin don't run error message: GL_ARB_fragment program is missing

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon Jul 17 14:34:11 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 23:09 +0200, reggaemanu wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> In fact, for a Geforce TI 4200 card, and surely some others card...
> the problem is than GL_ARB_fragment program is available in a regular
> xorg server (so with nvidia drivers) , and with xgl/compiz it is no
> longer available. So it is a problem with mesa right?

Mesa supports GL_ARB_fragment_program with indirect rendering, I might
have pushed a patch into Mesa at some point to make it work but it must
have been some time ago so mesa 6.5 and later should be fine.

ATI's and nvidia's GL libraries probably don't support
GL_ARB_fragment_program with indirect rendering so an application linked
to those will not see this extension even though xgl supports it.

compiz must be linked to mesa's GL library to work anyhow so it
shouldn't be a problem there.