[compiz] Bug in viewport handling?

Bjørn Haagensen bhaagensen at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:22:00 PDT 2006

Hi,

Is the following an (unknown) bug? Rhythmbox (RB) has an option for
using a icon-tray. Restoring/minimizing to the tray in combination with
switching viewports (VP) seems to confuse compiz.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start RB on VP1.
2. Minimize to tray.
3. Change to VP2.
4. Click the tray icon to restore.

Result: RB is restored to VP2, while compiz changes to VP1. Subsequent
clicking on the tray icon causes RB to minimize to tray while compiz
stays on VP1. Clicking tray again causes compiz to change to VP2 and RB
to restore to VP1. You get the idea:)

Metacity handles the case correctly.

Extra info. I know nothing about the internals of window handling. But
I've noticed that RB has animated minimize to tray, similar to minimize
to taskbar. Gaim and Ekiga does not animate when minimized to tray. I.e.
the windows just fades in/out from whatever position they have. Gaim and
Ekiga does not trigger the bug.

Best regards Bjorn