[compiz] compiz and desktop slowness

David Prieto frandavid100 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:54:10 PDT 2006

Hello. I'm using compiz-vanilla, and I have noticed that it makes
Nautilus act extremely slow on my desktop; for example, if I select
several icons quickly the selection box becomes quite choppy, and if I
try to move them there is a huge "lag". I noticed that Nautilus behaves
completely normal on non-desktop windows, though, and if I replace
compiz with metacity (metacity --replace) the desktop returns to normal.

I've posted about this issue on ubuntuforums and compiz.net and couldn't
get any satisfactory answer... is it possible that there is a memory
leak? How can I find out what exactly is going wrong?

Thanks in advance.