[compiz] Re: Multi Head Cube rotation

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Nov 9 03:30:00 PST 2006

Kalle Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> I guess that could be an option but I think the main problem there is
>> that your screen may be of mixed resolution and that would cause a lot
>> of problems.
>>
> Is there some reason other than fidelity why could compiz not just scale
> the screen contents to the smaller monitor? Would it be too slow?
> Because, the way I'm thinking, it'd remove all the issues and trouble
> with different resolutions. Plugins could just assume them to be with
> the bigger resolution.

For me at least, the fidelity issue would make this completely unusable.

Besides, you may have TVout running on one monitor and want to clamp
(sticky) e.g. MythTV to that display... Leavign you to work with your
other display happily. You'd want things to work as they are to achieve
that result.

I think the only sensible option would be to either
1) leave it as it is
2) allow the single advance when heads are off the same resolution
(config option)
3) allow windows to be intellegently resized (not scaled) and/or
repositioned to suit the new dimensions.

Not given it much thought tho'.

Col.