[compiz] new plugins

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Nov 9 16:06:13 PST 2006

I added two new plugins recently. Nothing too exciting but they might
still be interesting to a bunch of people.

'annotate' plugin is a simple plugin that allows you to draw things on
top of all windows. It requires cairo and it currently only includes a
simple line drawing tool. Patches for more advanced drawing tools like
text, rectangles, circles and such are gladly accepted.

'clone' plugin is a multi-head management plugin that allow you to do
some dynamic multi-head configuration, cloning outputs and such. It's
intended for when we have randr++ and input transformation support in
the server but can give you a preview of what's to come in its current
state.

These plugins can be loaded in pretty much any order but the results
will be a bit different. Here's the order I find most useful:

gconf decoration wobbly fade minimize cube rotate scale move resize place switcher water clone annotate zoom screenshot dbus

It allows me to clone an output and zoom as well as draw using the
annotate plugin on each output independently.

If you don't actually have a multi-head setup you can still try this
stuff out by setting the "detect_outputs" option to FALSE and the
"outputs" option to something like "800x1024+0+0,480x400-0+0" if you
have a screen doing 1280x1024.