[compiz] Compiz bugs?

Arif Lukito arif.lukito at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 07:54:52 PST 2006

Hi,

I've been following the list for a few months but this just my first
post to the list. I've just started to use compiz again a few days ago
and I have a few things (probably bugs) here that bugged me a little
bit. I am not sure whether the bugs is in compiz or somewhere else so it
would be nice if someone could confirm them. Here they are:

- on default window decoration the maximize and minimize buttons have an
unwanted black decoration on mouse over. Screenshots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/maximize.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/minimize.jpg

- double clicking on titlebar sometimes put window at weird state (see
screenshot), single click anywhere put window on maximize state.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/epiphany.png
I tried it with epiphany, rhythmbox and evolution.

- button sometimes has incomplete border. Screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/rhythmbox.png
It's hard to reproduce but I have a better chance to reproduce it with
rhythmbox and with a fresh login. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. click play button and don't release it
2. move the cursor out of the button
3. release the click
4. move the cursor back to the button
I do see it sometimes with epiphany's close tab button.

- with some metacity themes, window with no title has a title bar looks
like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/decoration.png
The problem is the themes use title_height to calculate the height of
the gradient. However metacity doesn't have a problem with this.

- with Gilouche window decoration, windows cannot be resized from right
edge. This probably bug in Gilouche but I've checked the theme's xml
file and found nothing wrong with it.

- Alt-PrintScrn doesn't capture window decoration. This probably the
same with why switcher doesn't show window decoration.

- The last one probably minor. The decoration in metacity and compiz is
a little bit different. Screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/metacity-compiz.png
That's with Gilouche theme. Look at the grey gradient on the right edge,
in metacity the gradient stops half way but in compiz the gradient is
drawn as a solid line and it goes down to the bottom.

So as I mentioned I'd like someone to confirm them and if any of the
bugs is known please say so and point me to bugzilla entry if there is
one. Oh and one more thing what is title wave in water plugin, I can't
make it works.

Thank you.

--
Arif Lukito