[compiz] Anoying bug in scale when using custom shortcuts

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 11:34:53 PST 2006

> If it's fixed in beryl, then grabbing the changes that fixed it and
> sending them to this list would be very useful as currently I can't
> reproduce this problem.

I think the fix was to rewrite the settings plugin.

I think this is the same problem that I was seeing when I was
working on the edge buttons.  My thoughts were that the
way buttons and keys are treated is different to bell, edge etc

The function that checks the button and key bindings also sets
the value internally.  The other types of action are checked directly.

These were my thoughts after a few hours of bashing my head
against the keyboard, they may be slightly wrong, but my quick
fix for it seemed to work.

I am surprised that you cannot reproduce it, I get it every time
I change an edge button and then reload compiz.  Sometimes I
have seen the option stick, this normally happens if I change the
edge and then change the key binding, this is not guaranteed
though.