[compiz] compiz 0.3.2 on openSUSE

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 07:13:14 PST 2006

> It would be much better if animation plugin is included upstream. It
> obsoletes minimize and fade plugins. It is now quite bug free too.

I do not think it is a case of whether or not it it is bug free, the
problem is that it is unsupported.  I cannot support it in the main
tree because I didn't write it.  David AFAIK is willing to accept any
plugins into the main tree as long as they are supported and they
can be optionally compiled.

> Keeping Animation plugin separate creates confusion for users that do
> not know they have to disable fade and minimize and also tweak some
> settings in wobbly for it to work as intended.

I think this sort of plugin management needs to be handled by the
configurator.  The core should be kept as clean and lightweight as
possible.  All of the conflicts and minor tweaks should be handled
invisibly to the user.