[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

Fabio Berta fabio at berta.ch
Tue Oct 3 15:51:58 PDT 2006

Hi

I just tried out the new 0.1.0 release of beryl. Generally I do like the
compiz fdo version, because I like the gconf integration and the
metacity theme support in gwd. Also I think their configuration system
is a complete mess, this beryl settings manager is completly bloated in
my opinion.
Anyway, I noticed they have quite a lot of plugins. While I found most
of them nothing special, the "animation" plugin really fascinated me. It
just looks awesome! Any chance, anybody with serious coding skill could
have a look at it so that David will add it to the fdo tree? I'd love to
use compiz with animation support!
I wanted to attach the current animation.c which is in beryl svn, but
it's too big. Anyway it's in the svn and it's GPL.

Greets
Fabio