[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Tue Oct 3 21:13:09 PDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006 04:02 schrieb Shawn Starr:
> I ment more of the decoupling mechanism for configuring plugins itself.
> Upstream compiz is supposed to be desktop independent. There's noting
> wrong with gtk-window-decorator nor it support metacity themes, but the
> kde/qt one doesn't work imho. It's even disabled in Debian for now also.

Feel free to fix it.

The thing that compiz runs only on gtk at the moment and gconf is the only
configuration plugin is related to the fact that the qt-decorator is broken
atm and nobody wrote a kconfig-plugin and sent it to david.

I assume in the future there will be both and you just will be able to
--disable-gnome --disable-gconf --enable-qt --enable-kde --enable-kconfig
or something like that.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: jabber at hboeck.de