[compiz] BlurFX for compiz

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 06:59:53 PDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
> Jigish Gohil wrote:
> > On 10/5/06, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I would like to keep any patches on a third party site and preferably
> held in git (I personally use svn too but from what I understand git
> makes merging with other git trees easier).  I would love to have the
> help of the individual plugin developers which would make life easier
> for everyone, Erkin has been very helpful.
>
> Maybe some sort of plugin developers amnesty would be good.  eg.  "I
> changed the compiz core for my plugin because....", they will not be
> judged or punished and David will help to get their requirements into
> core without unnecessary patches. :)

Wouldn't it be more useful to keep the development and porting of
beryl plugins to compiz on beryl server, as that is the place most
developers have accounts and can commit changes at the same time they
commit to beryl.

We can request David to include any function/feature that we require
in the core, so the core remains clean and same on both trees.

The community is very open, you can drop in at #beryl-dev any time and
some or the other developer is alway around, including Quinnstorm.

It is quite informal community, that just wants to make it easier for
everyone to contribute.

What does other compiz developers think about this idea?

-J