[compiz] Re: [Fwd: Re: compiz coding style]

Guillaume ixcemix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:17:04 PDT 2006

Well, 1) was coded exactly at the same time as in upstream, and beryl
versionning is quite shorter in terms of code. The plugins have only
one new line... nothing more, while in compiz there's a new function
for every plugin.
2) The new coding style wasn't included to make things harder to
backport, and we're perfectly open to discuss this, as anything else.
3) We did not "intentionally" broke the gconf system. And we'll make
sure to reinclude it sometime in the future in an extra package.
We're not trying to do incompatible stuff, we're just trying to do good stuff.
As Colin said, the fork happened 6 months ago, the announcement last
month just "formalized" it. Furthermore this was thought as a
"friendly" fork, but some people are sadly trying to make it
unfriendly.

Just a quick note, this does not sound to be the right place for Beryl
critics, it's the compiz mailing list. What you're doing here is
somehow useless, it's just bad propaganda against Beryl. We're really
open to any critic/discussion, but not here ;)

Regards,
Guillaume Seguin