[compiz] Re: Multisceen Support WAS : Re: [Fwd: Re: compiz coding style]

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 9 01:56:41 PDT 2006

Alexandre Mazari wrote:
> Hi list !
>
> A quick reaction to :
>
>> Dual-/multi-head support? After lots of inquiries you rudely brushed
>> that subject aside because "xinerama isn't really useful" and made it
>> pretty clear how much you valued the community:
>
>> ,----
>> DR> I wont accept any xinerama patches, if you like to use xinerama
>> DR> until proper multi-screen support is implemented, you have to patch
>> DR> things.
>> `----
>
> Reading at the xorg-devel mailing list, David made the right decision to
> wait.

Absolutely! We all agree this is the right way for it to be implemented.
The Xinerama support in the quinnstorm fork was alway temporary, but it
was required for a large percentage of users so it was thought necessary
in the mean time as compiz was pretty much unusable for me in DH
environment before the temporary patches.

We are all lookingforward to KP's super fancy randr++. I've been
following the specs thread with interest on the xorg ML.