[compiz] Re: [Fwd: Re: compiz coding style]

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 08:07:15 PDT 2006

Shawn Starr wrote:
>> I am currently trying to work out why blurfx and emerald are not
>> compatible with compiz.  If you guys would like to help then I am asking
>> for some information on what was changed and for what reason.
>> Otherwise I will try to work through it.
>>

> I believe emerald does not work with compiz because of
>
> #define PAINT_WINDOW_DECORATION_MASK            (1 << 4)

This prevents it from _compiling_ not from working.

I was trying to get to the bottom of why major changes were made to the
decorator
to accommodate the blurfx plugin.  I suspect it was something to do with
shadows
but it would be nice if there was some sort of recorded history of what
was changed
and why.