[compiz] Compiling Compiz

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Oct 20 08:47:03 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 15:15 +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> On Oct 20, 06 14:22:42 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> > Compiz 0.2.0 covers a lot of different versions, any checkout from git after
>
> Actually, no. 0.2.0 is exactly the release version of compiz 0.2.
> Newer versions would be 0.2.1 or similar.
>
> Choosing git versions in-between is actually against the spirit of
> version 0.2 being a stable version. So I doubt this is a good idea. I
> probably will include the necessary patches only in compiz-git.
>
> > as stable as it has always been.  The correct version by now should really
> > be something like 0.2.5 since there are have been a lot of changes since
> > the original 0.2.0 release.  These numbers are probably up to David to
> > change so for now I would probably use the date it was checked out
> > from git as the version.  All of the packagers should try to work together
> > so that the versions are the same across distros, this will make support
> > much easier.
>
> Release versions are always a PITA :-/
>
> David, care for a rev++? Even 0.2.1 would be ok...

Yes, I have one or two more fixes that should go into compiz 0.2 branch
and then I'll push out a 0.2.1. However, I'm not breaking the ABI in the
0.2 branch so making the these additional plugins work with the 0.2
branch is going to require more work to the plugins and it's probably
not worth it.

I'll push out a compiz-0.3.2 as well and it makes much more sense to
package this and create a compiz-extra-0.3.2 package that works with
this version.