[compiz] Re: Window title in bar doesn't change when application requests it

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 01:28:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 15:39 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Toby Smithe wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 06:22 -0700, Wil Reichert wrote:
> >> Edgy + xcfe + compiz (gandolfn) works fine for me.  None of the issues
> >> you described above.  Using OSS R300 driver.
> >>

> > Looks like it's a problem with Compiz+i810, then. I wouldn't know how to
> > start to debug this kind of thing though!
>
> While it's not my area, I can't see how this could be a driver problem.
>
> I'd suspect libwnck or something is more likely to blame.
>
> Col.

Well, another (related?) problem with Compiz 0.3.2 is that sometimes
maximised windows (even when active) have inactive-style title bars. The
way to fix this, and the static Firefox issue, is to un- then
re-maximise the window.

Also, I seem to have the minimise button problem only with Human-style
Metacity themes. If the buttons are square, this doesn't happen.

Finally, GTK dialogues often have their contents missing. It is still
active, but not displayed. I have attached an error dialogue from
Evolution, telling me I cannot connect to my mail server. As you can
see, there is nothing there. Also notable is the fact that the main
Evolution window title bar stayed "active", even though it obviously
wasn't.

I have none of these issues with Beryl, or Metacity. It is obviously a
gtk-window-decorator error, but not to do with Metacity theme support,
as I just tested without that turned on.

Thanks,
Toby Smithe