[compiz] Need Help !

Deni Jelicic hrvat30 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 18:29:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

  If you are using xorg 7 and aiglx

  try starting compiz with following  LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz --indirect-rendering --use-cow --strict-binding gconf

  This solved it for me however I still get the error cannot bind to texture error in Opensuse 10.1. I made a big mistake once I made it work I shouldn't have done an update to xorg 7.2 RC-1 now compiz just gets that error all the time.

  Hopefully someone knows. I am just waiting and updating hopefully soon with an update it will work again. If anyone thinks I am doing something wrong please let me know I have radeon 7500 and compiz worked perfectly with xorg 7.1 but not with 7.2.

  Thanks

Prabath Peiris <peiris.prabath at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi

I try to install compiz in to my FC5 machine. I have ATI Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] card. when I try to switch to compiz I get the following error message

=============================
compiz --replace gconf
compiz: SmcOpenConnection failed: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
compiz: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
compiz: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz: No manageable screens found on display :0.0
==============================

can somebody help me to fix the problem ?

thakn you

--
Prabath Peiris.

              \\\///
           /           \
          |  \\    //   |
~ Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why ~
       (     )     0ooo
compiz mailing list
compiz at lists.freedesktop.org