[compiz] Compiling under Fedora C6

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Fri Oct 27 08:54:39 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 12:03 +0200, Pierpaolo Follia wrote:
> Hi to all. I've just installed a Fedora Core 6 on a Desktop here,
> adding the default distro compiz package. I've some problem when the
> screen saver starts: when I try to enter my password to unlock the
> system, the window has no textbox in which enter my password...I have
> to kill from a console the gnome-screensaver to unlock the system.

You should file a bug at the Fedora site.

> I saw the version of compiz provided with the distro is really old
> (0.13) and I would like to compile the 0.3.2 to try if I can solve the
> problem.
> When I run the ./configure I get this:
>
> the following optional plugins will be compiled:
>   gconf: yes
>   place: yes
>   dbus:  yes
>
> and the following optional features will be compiled:
>   svg:      no
>   gtk:      no
>   metacity: no
>   gnome:    no
>   kde:      no
>
> What is actually needed to compile compiz with metacity, gtk and gnome support?
> Is there somewhere a fc6 rpm of compiz 0.3.2?

You are probably missing the respective -devel packages. That said,
compiz on Fedora is patched to use AIGLX instead of Xgl - some of the
patches have been merged, but I'm not sure if vanilla compiz is going to
work with AIGLX.

That said, nothing major has changed since CVS was called 0.0.13 (which
never had a real release), except for metacity theme support.

Cheers,
Mark