[compiz] switching back to Xorg from a terminal fails

okasion okasion at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 15:58:09 PST 2006

Since I use latests Nvidia beta drivers, Xorg 7.1 and Compiz 0.3.2 from
Freedesktop, I have been having problem when I switch back to X from another
terminal.

For example, I startx and launch Compiz without problems, everythings works
fine, then I need to switch to another terminal, so I use Ctrl+Alt+F2. When
I switch back to X with Ctrl+Alt+F7, I get a blank screen where I can only
see and move the cursor. If I click something, the computer freezes.
I can see nothing in Xorg.log, and already tried enabling and disabling DRI
without changes.

Any of you had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance