[compiz] Re: Black screen returning from console

Mick Semb Wever mick at wever.org
Fri Sep 1 01:15:50 PDT 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:25:03 +0200, reggaemanu wrote:

>> > Another problem I'm experiencing is that when I switch to the console
>> and
>> > switch back to the desktop (vt7) it is all black, some colour remaining
>> of
>> > the bottom panel exists for a couple of pixels along the bottom of the
>> > screen.
>> > My console is running frame buffer and gensplash.
>> > I've got compiz running with my ATI driver, and xorg 7.1.1
>> >
>> > Is there a known bug between the frame buffer and Xgl?
>> > Should I be entering a bug?

> Seems to be a Mesa issue, fixed two days ago (e.g.
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/krh/mesa.git;a=commit;h=f0b63b09cc7f6f307b9cb08b9b69fedc35c6400d)

If this was shipped with gentoo's mesa-6.5.1_rc2 which uses the src bundle
from http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net/beta/ dated 29-Aug-2006 then it's not
fixed.
It still happens in exactly the same way after the upgrade.

Time to enter an issue?

/mck

--
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the