[compiz] Re: Skydome not working

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 6 04:00:23 PDT 2006

Ovid wrote:
> [...]

[colin at jimmy ~]$ file Pictures/skymap26md.png
Pictures/skymap26md.png: PNG image data, 2048 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB,
non-interlaced

Quinnstorm is a community semi-fork of the "vanilla" compiz. It's got
lots more plugins that are experimental/don't fit perfectly into
compiz's development plan (e.g. it has Xinerama support that I'd expect
would be invaluable for you running Twinview. Certainly without it, I'm
driven up the wall! - note that you'll need a patched Xgl too tho').

If you are using debian or Mandriva Cooker (my flavour) then you'r find
pre-built packages of each.

Have a look over at www.compiz.net forums and you should find info about
e.g. Drapper repositories etc. or Raw CVS access if you want to roll
your own (I did that for a long time!).

Hope that helps.

Col