[compiz] Skydome not working

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Wed Sep 6 10:14:49 PDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 06.09.2006, 01:12 -0700 schrieb Ovid:

> I've searched all over to the answer for this but no luck.  In short, skydome doesn't seem to be working, I only have a black background.  Skydome is pointing at the following:
>
>   $ file plaza.png
>   plaza.png: PNG image data, 2048 x 1024, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
>
> In the "Gnome Compiz Preferences" app, on the "Workspaces" tab, under "Cube", I do have Skydome checked and the image is pointing to the above file.  I'm running Ubuntu and everything else seems to work fine.
>
> The only thing I can think of which might be causing the problem is that I'm using dual monitors.  Can anyone give me any debugging pointers?

Have you stated the full path to the image-file?

Is the image-file really a valid PNG-file?

	Do you at least see a yellow/blue-ish gradient behind the "cube", when
you have "SkyDome" enabled but _no_ image selected?

BTW, what does the command...

	glxinfo -l | grep GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE

... in a terminal-window report you?

	It's a bit hard doing these "remote diagnostics" when people have
problems and one does know little to nothing about the system in
question.

	I've no idea about a TwinView-setup. At least I cannot test something
like this myself.

Best regards...

MacSlow

email - macslow at bangang.de