[compiz] Skydome not working

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Sep 11 09:14:36 PDT 2006

On Sep 11, 06 09:01:42 -0700, Ovid wrote:
> [...]
    ^^^^^^ read: plugin.  My bad :P

> I am using gconf-editor.  I've also tried using the GL Desktop Tray Launcher.
> How do I tell if I have the gconf module loaded?  "lsmod" only lists kernel modules, yes?

You have to start compiz with 'compiz --replace gconf'. Well, --replace
isn't necessary if you're not running another window manager at that
time, but it doesn't harm either.

You can check by

  ps -edalf | grep compiz

which will print the full command line. If the gconf plugin is not
loaded, the configuration options in the gnome registry won't be loaded
at all, and certainly not after a change.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de