[compiz] initial metacity theme support for compiz

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Sep 21 17:41:18 PDT 2006

I just pushed some code into the compiz repository for initial metacity
theme support. It's not complete, left and right borders are not
rendered correctly, button decorations doesn't always match event window
locations, maximized and shaded windows are not rendered as when running
metacity, button locations are not configurable as with metacity... but
it still seem to look OK with most themes.

I've created a libmetacity, which you'll need to build this for now but
I think it makes more sense to just have this as part of metacity
itself. My current libmetacity hack contains the necessary source code
files from metacity CVS (completely unmodified) and a pkgconfig file.
I'd very much like to update libmetacity with the theme rewrite that is
is under way but it would be nicer to get the changes I need for a
libmetacity into the metacity code base and get the theme rewrite once
it's merged.

You can get libmetacity from here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~davidr/libmetacity-1.tar.bz2

Once you've built gwd with metacity support you'll need to do:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/gwd/use_metacity_theme -t bool true

to enable use of metacity themes. gnome-theme-manager should work fine
for selecting themes.

The things I mentioned above that aren't working yet shouldn't take to
long to fix. I'll try to get the most important ones fixed when I have
time but I someone beats me to it, I'd be more than happy. I also don't
think all of them necessarily needs to be done before the compiz
release.