[compiz] AIGLX Support with nVidia 9625 Drivers

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon Sep 25 07:49:33 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 18:19 -0700, Soup Laddy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm on a Gentoo machine with the latest beta nVidia 9625 Drivers,
> trying to get Compiz to work with AIGLX... simply running 'compiz', or
> even with the addition of any options other than version, causes
> compiz to detect that it is indeed not XGL, and then segmentation
> faults... please note that I have only currently tried this with
> Compiz-Quinnstorm (the latest package available for Gentoo). Any help
> is appreciated.

Nvidia's 9625 drivers are not using AIGLX. They have their own
implementation of indirect rendering and GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.
I've been testing the new nvidia drivers with compiz for a while and
they work OK, some drawing and performance issues but in general they
work as they should with current version of compiz.

You probably want to add these options to your xorg.conf:

Option "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"

and make sure you have enabled the composite extension:

Section "Extensions"
   Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection