[compiz] compile error

Daniel Brooks db48x at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 21:46:06 PDT 2006

Mirco Müller <macslow at bangang.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, den 28.09.2006, 15:42 -0400 schrieb David Reveman:
>
>> > 	Disregard my last email. I meant to write that you're probably missing
>> > the header-files for libgnome-window-settings (that's what the package
>> > is called under Ubuntu). Sorry for any possible confusion.
>>
>> yes, but I wonder why the configure script didn't see this missing
>> dependency. is it possible to have the pkg-config file installed without
>> the header?
>
> 	If this would be the case, I would regard it as a packageing-bug of the
> distro in question. Daniel, which distro are you running again?
>
> Best regards...
>
> Mirco

Oops, lemme reply to the list this time. The FC5 package called control-center provides libgnome-window-settings.so but not the header files. There is no corresponding control-center-devel package, so I just grabbed a copy of the source and used it.

Also, I had to fix up some of the symlinks to the Mesa source in order to get this to build.

So, it now finally builds, but either complains that there's no GLX loaded or segfaults depending on how I run it, which is sub-optimal:

[db48x at localhost Xgl]$ /opt/Xgl/bin/Xgl :1
dlopen: /opt/Xgl/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_BindVertexArrayAPPLE

Fatal server error:
No GLX modules loaded
dlopen: /opt/Xgl/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so: undefined symbol: _mesa_BindVertexArrayAPPLE

FatalError re-entered, aborting
No GLX modules loaded
Aborted

[db48x at localhost Xgl]$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so.1 /opt/Xgl/bin/Xgl :1
Segmentation fault

I suppose I'll rebuild with symbols and get a stacktrace for the crash.

db48x